Stevenson (2-1, 2-0 Middle Atlantic Conference) at
No. 9/12 Delaware Valley (3-0, 2-0 Middle Atlantic Conference)
Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 12:00 pm
Work Stadium (4,500) - Doylestown, Pa.
- Stevenson dropped out of the D3football.com rankings following its season-opening loss. It had been ranked since week 2 of last season, a stretch of 12 polls dating back to last season. The Mustangs continue to receive votes.
- Stevenson has forced at least one turnover in 47 straight games, however, it had a streak of 26 straight games with an interception snapped in the season opener at Frostburg State. The last game without an interception was October 25, 2014 against FDU-Florham.
- Stevenson has made three straight postseason appearances. The Mustangs made their inaugural NCAA appearance in 2016, while the program enjoyed bowl wins in 2014 and 2015, winning an ECAC bowl in 2014 and the Centennial-MAC Bowl in 2015.
- Over the last four-plus seasons, Stevenson is 17-1 in the month of September, as prior to this season, the Mustangs had started 3-0 in each of the last four years. Stevenson has won 14 in a row in the month, with its last loss before the calendar hitting October coming on September 28, 2013 against Delaware Valley.
- The Mustangs were fourth nationally in interceptions in 2016 with 26, while the defensive unit ranked 10th in turnover margin (+1.45) and 14th in turnovers gained (30). Stevenson was also one of 10 teams nationally that did not allow a blocked kick in 2016.
- Stevenson posted the fourth shutout in program history last season when it blanked then-No. 25 Delaware Valley 19-0 at Mustang Stadium.
- Stevenson is 28-8 (.778) since the start of the 2014 season.
- Junior quarterback Dan Williams has not thrown an interception in the season's first three games, and has attempted 108 straight passes without a pick. Last season he had a streak of 101 pass attempts without throwing an interception. Williams set single-game program records in completions (30) and passing yards (360) last week at FDU-Florham.
- Senior Preston Addo was named the MAC Special Teams Player of the Week Sunday after he had an 83-yard punt return for a touchdown in Saturday's win at FDU-Florham. Addo has the only two punt return TDs in program history, as he had one last season at Widener. He was also named to the D3football.com Team of the Week.
- At seven games going back to last season, Delaware Valley is tied for the sixth-longest winning streak in Division III.
• Stevenson broke through last season in the series with Delaware Valley, blanking the Aggies 19-0 at Mustang Stadium last October 22 for its first win in six tries. In the last meeting in Doylestown in 2015 DVU recorded an 18-15 victory. Prior to that, all four DelVal wins came by at least 18 points.
• Stevenson has won eight straight Middle Atlantic Conference games on the road, with its last league loss away from home coming on October 10, 2015 at Delaware Valley. Last season the Mustangs went 5-0 on the road in MAC play.
• Stevenson did not have a turnover in its 38-9 win against King's on September 9. Last season the Mustangs were 3-0 when it didn't commit a turnover and they were 3-0 when not committing a turnover in 2015 as well.
OPENING WITH BIG PLAYS
• The Stevenson offense opened the first two games this season with big plays.
STEVENSON QUICK HITS
• The Mustangs were picked second in the Middle Atlantic Conference preseason poll released in August, tied with Albright. Delaware Valley is the preseason favorite, although all three teams received first place votes from the league's 10 head coaches.
• Stevenson posted its third shutout in program history with a 48-0 win over Misericordia on October 1, then followed up with a 19-0 blanking of then-No. 25 Delaware Valley on October 22. The other two shutouts came in 2014. The 48-point margin of victory is the second-largest in program history.
• It has been 54 games since the Mustangs have played an overtime game, and it has only played two in its history. The last time the Mustangs went to overtime was September 8, 2012, a 29-22 overtime loss to Albright.
• Defensive back Austin Tennessee, a consensus First Team All-American as a senior at safety, earned a rookie free agent tryout with the Minnesota Vikings last spring.
• Junior linebacker Ashton Leschke was a CoSIDA Academic All-District selection last season. He is a biology major.
• Quarterback Dan Williams threw a no-hitter for the Stevenson baseball team on April 2 against Albright this spring. He struck out five and walked two en route to the second no-hitter in Mustang baseball history.
• Stevenson returns home to face Misericordia next Saturday, then will have its bye week on October 7.