Stevenson (4-20, 2-13 MAC Commonwealth) vs.
Lycoming (20-4, 12-3 MAC Commonwealth)
Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 3 pm
Williamsport, Pa. - Lamade Gymnasium (2,000)
- Freshman Cameron Hayes (14.8 ppg) leads MAC Commonwealth freshmen in scoring. He sits eighth in the league in scoring and has reached double figures in each of the last six games, averaging 21.8 ppg over that span.
- The 93 points Stevenson scored January 10 in a win at SUNY New Paltz were the most in a game since scoring 97 against Hood in the 2015 ECAC semifinals. The 35-point margin of victory was the largest since December, 2006.
- Eight of Stevenson's losses have been decided by seven or fewer points.
- Stevenson has been tied or trailed at halftime in three of its four victories.
- The Mustangs have outrebounded 17 of 24 opponents, including in 13 of the last 16 games.
- Stevenson went 13-14 (92.9%) at the free throw line January 21 at Arcadia, its best effort since going 16-16 at the charity stripe on 1/5/09 against Brooklyn.
- Lycoming defeated Stevenson 85-78 earlier this season in Owings Mills. Last season the Warriors took two out of three meetings.
• Lycoming posted an 85-78 win against Stevenson earlier this season. Last season, the Warriors took two of three meetings, with each team winning on its home floor during the regular season before Lycoming defeated the Mustangs in Owings Mills Gymnasium in the first round of the MAC Commonwealth tournament.
• Nine different players have reached double figures in scoring for the Mustangs, and eight different players have led the team in scoring at least once.
• Freshman Cameron Hayes leads the Mustangs with 16 games scoring in double figures, including each of the last six, and seven 20-point games this season. He has also led Stevenson in scoring 11 times and was named to the All-Tournament Team of the Holiday Inn and Suites Classic on December 29-30 after averaging 21 points and eight rebounds in two games. He is the leading freshman scorer in the MAC Commonwealth, ranking eighth overall.
CHAIRMEN OF THE BOARDS
• Stevenson has outrebounded its opponent in 17 of 24 games this season, including in 13 of the last 16 games. Over the last 16 games, the Mustangs' rebound margin has been +7.2. Stevenson leads the MAC Commonwealth with a +4.9 rebound margin, while Lycoming is third at +4.2.
• Stevenson went 13-14 (92.9%) from the free throw line at Arcadia on January 21, its best effort since going 16-16 against Brooklyn on January 5, 2009.
SALUTE TO THE SENIOR
• Stevenson honored its lone senior, Michael Byrd, prior to Tuesday night's game. A two-year member of the program, Byrd has appeared in 38 games over his time in a Mustang uniform, averaging 2.7 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game. He had career highs in points (16) and rebounds (7) in Tuesday night's Senior Night game.
• Stevenson athletics can be found on Facebook by searching for "Stevenson University Mustang Athletics" or on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat at @GoMustangSports. Stevenson men's basketball can be found on Twitter at @GoMustangHoops.
MUSTANG SPORTS NETWORK
• All Stevenson men's basketball home games can be seen and heard on the Mustang Sports Network. To watch, simply visit www.gomustangsports.tv, or visit the Stevenson University Athletics Roku channel. To listen to the broadcast of any home game, simply visit sfmsports.net.
The Gary Stewart Show, in which Stevenson head coach Gary Stewart discusses the past week's action and looks forward to the week ahead, can be seen each Tuesday at GoMustangSports.com as well as on Roku.