Stevenson (8-6, 3-3 MAC Commonwealth) vs.
Alvernia (3-10, 0-6 MAC Commonwealth)
Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 1 pm
Owings Mills Gymnasium (1,250) - Owings Mills, Md.
- Seventh year head coach Jackie Boswell enters Saturday's game with a 99-76 collegiate coaching record and will be in search of her 100th victory.
- The Mustangs have a total of 11 freshmen on the roster. First-year players are accounting for 43.2% of scoring and 43.3% of rebounding thus far.
- Six different players have led the Mustangs in scoring this season and Stevenson has eight players who have scored double figures in a game at least once this season.
- Junior Jonyae Curry has established three career highs in scoring over the last five games.
- Stevenson is 9-1 all time against Alvernia since joining the MAC Commonwealth and has captured the last nine meetings.
• Stevenson has won nine straight against Alvernia and swept the season series in 2016-17. The Mustangs posted a 60-41 win in Reading, then downed the then-Crusaders 72-34 in Owings Mills Gymnasium.
SHOOT TO SCORE
• Stevenson was 17-1 this season when it shot a higher percentage from the floor than its opponent in 2016-17 and is 5-0 so far this season.
• Stevenson erased a seven-point deficit in the final 52.5 seconds to post a 53-52 win at Washington and Lee on December 3. The Mustangs trailed 49-42 and outscored the Generals 11-3 down the stretch, capped by a 17-foot jumper by freshman Brandi Hall with 0.8 seconds remaining.
• Junior Jonyae Curry has established a new career high in the scoring column in three of the last five games. She scored a then career-high 20 points on December 9 against Arcadia, then in the next game at Marymount (Va.) bested that by one. Monday at Stockton, Curry finished with a career-high 25 points and also grabbed a career-best 10 rebounds.
TAKE IT AWAY
• Stevenson is forcing 21.6 opponent turnovers per game, which leads the MAC Commonwealth and ranks No. 73 of 450 teams nationally. At +4.4, the Mustangs rank second in the conference in turnover margin. Stevenson forced a season-high 29 turnovers Monday at Stockton.
• Stevenson had not gone to overtime in its last 135 games dating back to the 2012-13 season before it went to overtime Saturday at Lycoming. Prior to that, the Mustangs last played an extra session game on January 12, 2013 when it lost to Lycoming 57-55 in OT at home. The last overtime win for the Mustangs came on November 15, 2012 in the season opener against Keystone, a 66-58 triumph.
• The Mustangs had hit at least one three-pointer in 145 straight games until it did not hit one against Marymount on December 18. Prior to that, the last time Stevenson failed to record a triple came on February 18, 2012, when the Mustangs were 0-3 behind the arc against Marymount (Va.).
• The Mustangs have 11 freshmen on their roster this season and a total of 16 underclassmen and just five juniors and seniors. Four freshmen (Denia Campbell, Olivia Coleman, Brandi Hall, Morgan Jacobs) have led Stevenson in scoring at least once this season, while Coleman has one of two Mustang double-doubles to date this season.
• Stevenson athletics can be found on Facebook by searching for "Stevenson University Mustang Athletics" or on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat at @GoMustangSports. Stevenson women's basketball can be found on Twitter at @StevensonWBBall.
MUSTANG SPORTS NETWORK
• All Stevenson women's basketball home games can be seen and heard on the Mustang Sports Network. To watch, simply visit www.gomustangsports.tv, or visit the Stevenson University Athletics Roku channel. To listen to the broadcast of any home game, simply visit sfmsports.net.
JACKIE BOSWELL SHOW
• The Jackie Boswell Show presented by Buffalo Wild Wings airs weekly midweek at GoMustangSports.com. Coach Boswell discusses the prior week's competition and previews the week ahead.