OWINGS MILLS, Md. - The Stevenson University women's volleyball team heads to Ithaca, N.Y. this weekend to compete in its eighth straight NCAA Championship. The Mustangs (22-11) will battle Hunter (24-8) in the tournament's opening round at 5:30 pm on Friday, November 9. All games will be at Ithaca College's Ben Light Gymnasium.
Regional semifinal play takes place on Saturday, November 10, with the regional final slated for Sunday, November 11 at 2 pm
Ticket prices each day are $6 for adults and $4 for students and seniors.
- Stevenson (22-11) has won 11 straight matches, its longest win streak of the season.
- The Mustangs won their seventh straight MAC Commonwealth championship with a 3-1 win over Arcadia Saturday night.
- Junior Katie Leftridge leads the team in kills (390), followed by senior Moriah Savage with 297 and junior Darian Hileman with 204.
- Senior Chelsea Ireland, the MVP of the MAC Commonwealth Championship, has totaled 172 kills and 83 blocks.
- Savage recorded her 1,000th career kill recently.
- Leftridge also has 371 digs, second on the team. Sophomore Sarah Riggin has 376, while Hileman has 343.
- Junior Victoria Prokic has 109 blocks, tops in the MAC Commonwealth and 27th nationally.
- Juniors Caroline Dangel and Julie Nightwine have split primary setter duties in the Mustang rotation, with Dangel racking up 539 assists and Nightwine 438.
- The Mustangs hit .208 as a team, second in the MAC Commonwealth behind Lebanon Valley, while allowing opponents to hit .151, good for third in the league.
- Leftridge and Savage were First Team All-Conference selections, while Prokic was named to the Second Team.
- Hunter (24-8) captured its fifth straight CUNYAC championship, downing John Jay 3-0.
- The Hawks finished conference play with an 8-0 mark.
- Taylor Haiduk leads Hunter in kills with 312, while Marlena Budna is hitting .334 and has 237 kills.
- Budna also has a team-best 107 blocks.
- Haley Trunkett leads the team defensively with 446 digs, while Miranda Hogan has handed out 829 assists.
- Hunter hits .201 as a team while holding opponents to a .103 hitting percentage.
- Stevenson and Hunter met for the first time last season.
- Stevenson downed the Hawks 3-0 in last season's NCAA opener.
- Set scores were 25-16, 25-16, 25-19.
- Stevenson hit .363 as a team while Hunter hit .139.
- Savage had 11 kills to pace the Mustangs, while Leftridge finished with 10.
- Haiduk led the Hawks with eight kills.