Sep 04, 2019
SALISBURY, Md. - Seventh-ranked Salisbury scored single goals in each of the first three quarters en route to a 3-0 win over Stevenson in non-conference field hockey Wednesday night at Sea Gull Stadium.
- The Sea Gulls (3-0) put four shots in cage in the fifth minute, but all four were saved by Stevenson (1-2) goalie Kelsey Eure.
- Gabrielle Ripp registered a defensive save at the 14:14 mark on a shot by Arielle Johnston.
- Salisbury generated a penalty corner as time expired at the end of the frame and scored as Jillian Hughes found the back of the net.
- Salisbury had all 10 shots in the period.
- The hosts made it 2-0 36 seconds into the quarter when McKenzie Mitchell scored on a feed from Johnston.
- Allie Davis increased the Sea Gull lead to 3-0 5:26 into the second half.
- Eure made two more saves to increase her total to seven.
- Eure stopped both shots on goal by Salisbury over the final 15 minutes.
- Salisbury had all 28 of the game's shots and generated 12 penalty corners.
- Eure finished with nine saves, the most in a game since posting nine against Lynchburg last season.
- Ripp's defensive save was the first of her collegiate career and the first by the Mustangs in 2019.
- Stevenson returns home Saturday, September 7, when it hosts Washington (Md.) College in a 6 pm game at Mustang Stadium.