Posted: Oct 19, 2019
OWINGS MILLS, Md. - Lebanon Valley had 18 penalty corners in the game that led to four goals as the visiting Dutchmen posted a 5-0 MAC Commonwealth victory over the Stevenson field hockey team Saturday evening at Mustang Stadium.
- The Dutchmen (9-5, 4-0 MAC Commonwealth) had five consecutive penalty corners in the opening six minutes, recording three shots that were all stopped by senior Kelsey Eure.
- Lebanon Valley took a 1-0 lead at the 7:45 mark, as Cecile Kat carried the ball and beat both her defender and Eure for the score.
- The Mustangs (5-11, 1-2 MAC Commonwealth) recorded their first shot of the quarter with just under five minutes remaining as junior Olivia Lewis put a shot on net.
- Sophomore Kaitlin Karns recorded a shot on net in the final seconds of the quarter.
- The visitors started the second quarter much like the first, totaling three penalty corners early.
- The Dutchmen scored on the third penalty corner as Danielle Alba fired a one-timer off a pass from the top of the circle.
- Just 1:26 later, Lebanon Valley pushed its lead to 3-0 after Ashlee Sheibley finished a centering pass.
- The Mustangs had a scoring chance midway through the period as a shot by Karns was kicked away by Nikki Willi.
- Lebanon Valley netted its third goal of a penalty corner, 5:13 into the quarter, as Kat blasted a shot from the top or arc before adding a fourth two minutes later.
- Stevenson recorded the first shot of the quarter as junior Brooke Morris had her shot turned aside.
- The Mustangs had back-to-back penalty corners before a shot by sophomore Cristina Parrish went wide.
- Lebanon Valley outshot Stevenson, 15-6, including 10-4 in the opening half.
- Eure finished with eight saves.
- Stevenson returns to action on Wednesday, October 23 when the Mustangs travel to Hood for a MAC Commonwealth contest beginning at 4:00 p.m.
- The Mustangs return home on Saturday, October 26 when the team host a MAC Commonwealth contest versus Alvernia beginning at 5:00 p.m.