OWINGS MILL, Md. - For the first time since joining the conference in 2012, the Stevenson men's soccer team has advanced to the Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) Commonwealth playoffs. The fourth-seeded Mustangs will host fifth-seeded Alvernia on Tuesday, October 30 beginning at 7:00 p.m.
Tickets are $5 for adults, $4 for seniors, $2 for students with I.D. Tickets for children six and under are free. All Stevenson students are FREE with valid I.D.
Championship long-sleeve shirts will be on sale during the game for $18.
- Stevenson (10-7-1) ended the season 3-2-1 and cliched the fourth seed with a win over Widener in the season finale.
- The Mustangs are 8-3 at home this season, winning six of the last seven.
- Sophomore Jay Smith leads the team with seven goals while reigning rookie of the year, sophomore Tariq Lee, has netted four goals while adding four assists.
- Junior DR Medtart leads the team with six assists while also adding three goals.
- In net, freshman Matt Stellitano has started 16 of the team's 18 games, posting a 9-6-1 record with five shutouts.
- The Golden Wolves (8-10-2) ended the season with wins in three of their last four.
- Alvernia is 4-4-2 on the road, including a 4-2 victory at Albright to end the season.
- Ryan Kuster leads the team with five goals while Austin Young has dished out a team high eight assists.
- In net, Luca Grippi has started 18 of the team's 20 games and has posted a 5-10-2 record with three shutouts.
- Stevenson posted its first win in the 10-game series last time out.
- Alvernia holds an 8-1-1 all-time series record.
- The Golden Wolves have posted a pair of shutouts in 2015 and 2017.
- Stevenson hosted Alvernia on October 20, with the Mustangs coming away with a 2-1 victory.
- The Golden Wolves took a 1-0 lead in the 32nd minute before Stevenson answered 5:34 later. Sophomore Evan Joseph netted his first career goal in the 86th minute off a free kick from Medtart for the game-winner.
- Both teams finished with 15 shots while Stevenson held a 4-1 edge in corner kicks.
- In net, Stellitano totaled six saves while Grippi recorded four.
- Fans can follow the game live on GoMustangSports.tv or on the Roku App by searching Stevenson Athletics.