DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - Stevenson men's soccer junior Jay Smith netted his team-leading fifth goal of the season as the Mustangs snapped a three-game winless streak with a 1-0 non-conference contest versus Delaware Valley Monday afternoon at James Work Memorial Stadium.
- The Mustangs (4-2-2) recorded all eight shots in the opening half, including four shots on net.
- Sophomore Diego Guerrero and freshman Declan Marvel each fired a shot on net in the final five minutes.
- Just 1:16 into the half, Smith found the back of the net on the opening shot of the period. Freshman Chris Gonzales picked up the assist.
- After Stevenson recorded the next two shots, both off target, the Aggies (3-4-1) recorded their first two shots, putting both on net.
- The visitors responded down the other end with back-to-back corner kicks and a shot by Smith that hit off the left post.
- Stevenson outshot Delaware Valley, 18-4, and held an 8-2 advantage in corner kicks.
- Smith finished with a game-high six shots, including five in the second half.
- Sophomore Matt Stellitano posted his seventh career shutout, finishing with two saves.
- Stevenson returns to action on Wednesday, September 25 when the Mustangs host a non-conference contest versus Immaculata beginning at 4:00 p.m.