Posted: Oct 11, 2019
READING, Pa. - Ryan Kuster scored the go-ahead goal in the 78th minute for Alvernia as the Stevenson men's soccer team was shutout for just the second time this season in a 1-0 MAC Commonwealth loss Friday afternoon at Schlager Memorial Field.
- The Golden Wolves (3-10-2, 2-1-0 MAC Commonwealth) recorded the first shot of the game but it was blocked. Just a few minutes later, sophomore Sean McDonald put the Mustangs (9-3-2, 2-1-0 MAC Commonwealth) first shot off frame, sending it high over the net.
- The visitors had the following four shots, putting its first shot on net in the 29th minute from junior Dylan Holy.
- In the 43rd minute, junior Tariq Lee fired a shot on net, placing it low left, but it was stopped by Ben Solsky.
- The Mustangs picked up where they left off in the first half as senior DR Medtart put a shot on frame in the 54th minute.
- Alvernia recorded its first on net in the 56th minute before recording a second just two minutes later with both saved by sophomore Matt Stellitano.
- Lee and freshman Chris Gonzales had back-to-back shots on net in the middle of the half but Solsky came up with a pair of stops.
- Stellitano made a stop in the 74th minute before the Crusaders took the lead in the 78th minute on a header off a corner kick.
- A corner kick in the 84th minute found Medtart out top but his shot was deflected out.
- Junior CJ Beteta put a shot on frame in the final 10 seconds but it was stopped by Solsky.
- Stevenson outshot Alvernia 18-6, including 12-4 in the second half.
- The loss snapped a seven game unbeaten streak and six game winning streak for the Mustangs.
- Stellitano finished with three saves.
- Stevenson returns to action on Wednesday, October 16 when the Mustangs travel to Hood for a MAC Commonwealth contest beginning at 7:00 p.m.
- The Mustangs return home on Saturday, October 19 when the team hosts a MAC Commonwealth contest versus Lycoming beginning at 5:00 p.m.