2018-19 Stevenson Women's Basketball
at Alvernia, Thursday, January 3 - 8 pm
• Stevenson has won 11 straight games against Alvernia. Last season, the Mustangs won 72-32 at home and 52-40 in Reading.
• Stevenson went 1-1 at the Daytona Beach Shootout, closing with a setback to No. 21 DePauw after trailing by just six at halftime. Senior Jonyae Curry is averaging 14.2 ppg and returned in Florida after missing two games. Denia Campbell and Hannah Crist are adding 12.7 and 12.5 ppg, respectively.
• The Golden Wolves have dropped eight in a row and fell 66-45 to Penn State Harrisburg on Sunday. Gabrielle DeVito leads Alvernia with her 12.2 ppg average and 29 three-pointers, while Kiersten Ingram is scoring at a 6.3 ppg clip.
CAMPBELL NAMED PLAYER OF THE WEEK
• Sophomore Denia Campbell was named the MAC Commonwealth Player of the Week on November 19 after averaging 19.0 ppg and 3.0 assists per game in a 2-0 week. Campbell had 18 points in the setback at Christopher Newport, then scored a career-high 27 points on 11-13 shooting in a 92-51 win over Methodist. She closed out the week with 12 points against North Carolina Wesleyan.
• Sophomore Olivia Coleman has blocked 33 shots in 10 games. Coleman has 97 career blocked shots in 38 games.
• Junior Hannah Crist recorded her 100th career made three-pointer on December 21 against DePauw and now has 101 for her career.
• Stevenson is 4-0 this season when it scores at least 70 points. Last season, the Mustangs were 8-1 when cracking the 70-point mark.
SCORING IN BUNCHES
• Stevenson broke a nearly 14-year old record for points in a game in its 92-51 win over Methodist on November 17. The old record of 90 points was set in a 90-61 win at Polytechnic (N.Y.) on January 17, 2005. The 41-point margin of victory was the largest since a 76-31 win against Goucher last season.
SHOOT TO SCORE
• Stevenson was 17-1 last season when it shot a higher percentage from the floor than its opponent in 2016-17 and was 12-0 last season.
• Stevenson has made five straight postseason appearances. The Mustangs qualified for the ECAC championship in 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018 and won the Commonwealth Conference title and the program's first-ever NCAA berth in 2015.
• Stevenson closes out non-conference play next Monday (Jan. 7) when it hosts Stockton.
MUSTANG SPORTS NETWORK
• All Stevenson women's basketball home games can be seen and heard on the Mustang Sports Network. To watch, simply visit www.gomustangsports.tv, or visit the Stevenson University Athletics Roku channel. To listen to the broadcast of any home game, simply visit sfmsports.net.