Mar 30, 2019
ANNVILLE, Pa. - Stevenson women's lacrosse junior Mack Ferguson made 12 saves while classmate Carly Bowes netted four goals as the Mustangs opened MAC Commonwealth play with an 11-7 victory over Lebanon Valley Saturday afternoon at Arnold Field.
- The Dutchmen (4-6, 1-1 MAC Commonwealth) recorded the game's first four shots, including a goal by Jaclyn Little to give the hosts a 1-0 lead.
- Just 1:15 later, freshman Hannah Huff tied the game with an unassisted goal.
- An unassisted tally by sophomore Lindsay Seipp gave the Mustangs (6-3, 1-0 MAC Commonwealth) the lead before freshman Tea Ferrara scored in between a pair of Lebanon Valley goals.
- Tied, 3-3, Stevenson scored the final three goals of the half, including back-to-back free position goals by Bowes and freshman Mary Marc just 21 seconds apart.
- Bowes rounded out the first half scoring with an unassisted goal, her second of the day.
- Bowes started the second half the same way she ended the first, scoring unassisted to push the Mustangs lead to, 7-3.
- Little scored a pair of goals for the Dutchmen just 33 seconds apart to get the hosts back within two.
- Just past the midway point of the half, freshman Lan Le Crotty gave Stevenson a three-goal advantage on an assist from senior Dana Stevens.
- Lebanon Valley scored two of the next three goals to get within 9-7 with 5:54 remaining but Huff and Bowes scored the final two goals of the game.
- Both teams finished with 27 shots while Lebanon Valley held a slight, 11-9, edge in draw controls.
- The Mustangs, who have won six of their last seven, went 3-for-11 on free-position shots while the Dutchmen were 1-for-5.
- After being held without a goal for the first time in 11 games her last time out, Bowes scored at least four goals for the fourth time this season.
- Both Huff and Ferrara finished with two goals apiece, marking the second multi-goal games for each this season.
- Senior Gabby DiGello finished with four ground balls while freshman Caroline Murphy had three draw controls and two caused turnovers.
- Stevenson returns to action on Wednesday, April 3 when the Mustangs host a MAC Commonwealth contest versus Alvernia beginning at 4:00 p.m.