Posted: Oct 16, 2018
READING, Pa. - Stevenson women's soccer sophomore Gabrielle Arters netted her first goal of the season but Autumn Bieber scored twice to lift host Albright to a 2-1 MAC Commonwealth victory Tuesday evening at Gene L. Shirk Stadium.
- Sophomore Keegan Caffrey was tested early in net as she recorded her first save of the game just 1:04 into the contest.
- Bieber sent in a corner kick in the 33rd minute that found Diza Hasanaj but her header was blocked by the Mustangs defense.
- The Lions (9-3-1, 3-2 MAC Commonwealth) scored a late first half goal as Bieber scored with 3:58 remaining after getting behind the defense after a through ball by Lauren Haley.
- Stevenson (3-8-3, 2-3-1) did not record its first shot of the game until 19 seconds left in the half. The shot by Delayna Witouski was saved by Alexis Tunney.
- Albright began the second half right where it left off in the first as Bieber tested Caffrey once again just 20 seconds into the half
- The Mustangs recorded the next four shots, including a shot off the post by sophomore Melanie Parncutt.
- Bieber netted her second goal of the day to give the hosts a two-goal lead in the 69th minute after scoring on a loose ball in the box.
- Just 5:49 later, Arters put the visitors on the board after beating Tunney to the far post after a through ball from Parncutt.
- Arters looked to tie the game, firing a shot just 21 seconds later but it was saved by Tunney and would be Stevenson's last shot of the game.
- Albright outshot Stevenson, 9-8, including 6-1 in the first half while the Mustangs held a slight 4-3 edge in corner kicks.
- Arters is the 10th player to score a goal this season. She has a goal in each of her first two seasons.
- It is the second assist for Parncutt this season, who ranks tied for second on the team.
- Caffrey finished with four saves in net.
- The Mustangs are currently two points out of the MAC Commonwealth playoff picture with two conference games remaining.
- Stevenson returns to action on Friday, October 19 when the Mustangs host a MAC Commonwealth contest versus Alvernia on senior night beginning at 7:00 p.m.