Sep 11, 2019
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Stevenson women's soccer junior Keegan Caffrey finished with 11 saves as the Mustangs battled Catholic to a 0-0 double overtime tie Wednesday evening at Carlini Field.
- After three consecutive corner kicks in the opening six minutes, the Mustangs (1-2-1) had a good look on goal as sophomore Jessica Kern received the ball back after the short corner and got a shot on net.
- Down the other end, Caffrey came up with her first save of the game as the hosts put its first shot of the game on frame.
- The Cardinals (3-1-1) had their first corner kick of the game in the 18th minute and recorded a shot on net that was saved by Caffrey.
- Stevenson had its first recorded shot of the evening in the 43rd minute as a shot from junior Bridget Heist was blocked.
- Catholic had six different players record a shot in the opening half.
- The Mustangs had the opening shot of the half as junior Allison Arters put a shot on target.
- Down the other end, Caffrey saved the initial shot off a Cardinal corner kick before freshman Lexi Roloson saved the ensuing shot off the goal line.
- In the 55th minute, Grace Boras was left open in the middle of the 18-yard box but her shot was right at Caffrey.
- Junior Courtney Eley came up with the second team save as she saved the ball on the left post following a corner kick.
- Caffrey recorded an 88th minute save before Arters sent a shot wide in the final minute of regulation.
- The hosts had five of the seven shots in the opening overtime but it was the Mustangs who had the lone shot on goal by freshman Cassidy Butler.
- With 26 seconds remaining in the second overtime, the Cardinals shot a free kick from the top of the 18-yard box high over the net.
- Catholic outshot Stevenson, 34-10, including 13-4 in shots on goal.
- The Cardinals had an 11-4 advantage in corner kicks.
- Stevenson returns to action on Saturday, September 14 when the Mustangs travel to Elizabethtown for a non-conference contest beginning at 7:00 p.m.
- The Mustangs return home on Wednesday, September 18 when the team hosts a non-conference contest versus McDaniel beginning at 7:00 p.m.