Posted: Sep 25, 2019
OWINGS MILLS, Md. - For the third consecutive game, the Stevenson women's soccer team dropped a 1-0 decision as the Mustangs were edged by Moravian in non-conference action Wednesday evening at Mustang Stadium.
- On the third consecutive corner kick for the Greyhounds (5-3-0), Oonagh Breen played a ball back to the top of the box for Val Monoco who hit a left-footed shot that floated over the head of junior Keegan Caffrey.
- In the 29th minute and on the seventh corner kick by Moravian, junior Courtney Eley saved the ball off the goal line after a header by Sara Cassel.
- Down the other end, the Mustangs (1-6-1) recorded back-to-back shots on net by junior Gabrielle Arters and freshman Emily Rusk.
- In the opening two minutes, senior Marissa Inglisa received a through ball from freshman Lezah Gannon but had her shot blocked at the top of the 18-yard box.
- The Greyhounds had a breakaway in the 61st minute but Megan Chesney cut down her angle allowing Caffrey to come up with the easy save.
- Stevenson had a free kick from the corner of the box in the 86th minute, but senior Brianna Christie sailed it just high of the net.
- Late in the game, Inglisa carried the ball into the box but could not connect as her shot stayed wide of the net.
- Moravian outshot Stevenson, 10-6, including 8-2 in the opening half.
- The Greyhounds also accounted for all seven corner kicks, all coming in the opening half.
- The Mustangs won the possession battle, holding the ball for 52 percent of the game.
- It is just the third first half goal Stevenson has allowed this season.
- All six losses have been one-goal losses, including the third consecutive 1-0 loss.
- Stevenson returns to action on Saturday, September 28 when the Mustangs travel to Marymount (Va.) for a non-conference contest beginning at 1:00 p.m.
- The Mustangs return home on Wednesday, October 2 when the team hosts a non-conference contest versus Immaculata beginning at 7:00 p.m.